Monday, February 20, 2017

Gratitude to God

 
    Happy President's Day! I had an illuminating thought yesterday as I was studying about the ten lepers which Jesus healed in Luke chapter 17. Only one turned back and gave thanks to God. The illuminating thought I had was I must have gratitude and thank God for all the blessings in my life. I felt I lacked thanking God in one recent circumstance of my life. I was more like the nine lepers who didn't acknowledge and thank God for His mercy in being healed.
    I have been gluten-free since April of 2016. I felt inspired by the Spirit that I needed to get off gluten. I was at a point where I wanted to stop eating because I felt so terrible after I did eat. About a year and a half before going gluten-free I kept having thoughts about trying to cut gluten out of my diet. I just didn't have the courage or desire to do so. It took me getting to a very low point before completely getting off gluten. After two or three days of getting off gluten my stomachaches cleared up.  Fast forward to now. Ten or eleven years ago, I was diagnosed with an auto immune disease which is localized in my eyes. Winter is usually a bad time of year for me where I have flare ups of floaters in my eyes. I usually get shots in my eye or have steroid drops to help the floaters go away. This winter I have had hardly any flare ups. I know I have been blessed by God who helped me know what I best needed to do for my body to stay healthy. I have since repented and thanked God for the blessings of being gluten free.  I found this picture on Facebook which goes nicely with this theme.


Image may contain: stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment