Thursday, February 9, 2017

Love and Forgiveness

Time sure flies when you are having fun. I love the month of February because this month is focused on love and it is also my birthday month.I can't believe next week is Valentine's Day. Do you have any plans for the holiday? My husband wants to take me to a symphonic metal concert. I actually like the main band so I think I will go. I also feel forgiveness goes hand in hand with truly loving someone. In Matthew chapter eighteen verses 21 to 35 the Savior tells us we should forgive all men even when they aren't sorry or don't think they have done anything wrong.These last few weeks I have been thinking about my grandfather. He is dying and I know his funeral will be soon. My grandfather lost his mom when he was ten. He had eight older sisters who helped raise him. Poor guy because he had no brothers. He is so loving and kind. He is slow to anger, and a peacemaker. He has taught me a true lesson about forgiveness and how it can heal a soul. He doesn't hold grudges and knows how to lighten the mood. Also, he lets me rub his bald head. Everyone who meets my grandfather loves him. I was grateful to have lived with my grandparents for nine months in Utah while I was in my early twenties because I got to know them better. I spent most of my childhood in Germany because my father was stationed there. My grandfather is a true example to me of truly loving someone. I love him and I will miss him when he passes.  I love this picture from the Mormon Channel.

Image may contain: food

No comments:

Post a Comment