Wednesday, August 27, 2014

CSU versus CU game

My husband, Phil loves football. He gets so excited for this time of year. He is like a kid waiting for Santa Claus to bring him presents for Christmas. I knew from the get go that season tickets to the CSU Rams football games would be a yearly fall occurrence if I wanted to date/marry my husband. Phil is a really nice guy until his football demons come out. The first football game we went to while we were dating, he should have warned me about wearing earplugs. I am the loud one in our relationship, unless we are at a CSU football game. Phil has a set of lungs on him. He also loves to yell at the referees and tell them how their call stinks. I think I should start bringing a paper bag to put over my head. I get so embarrassed by his behavior. Luckily, we sit mainly by women who think my husband is funny.

   I do not love football. I have tried to, but there are way too many rules. I do like going to the games to watch people in the crowds, and eat some of the good food in the stadiums. I love the food trucks /stands where I get to pick what kind of food I get to eat. I am going through this stage where I get so excited to see a food truck. Weird I know.

   Friday is the big rival game. Phil hates CU. We cannot watch this game with my family. They are big CU fans. The game is at Invesco Field ( I know it isn't called that anymore) where the Broncos play. We have great tickets. We are centered  on the fifty yard line somewhere up in the bleachers. Can you tell how important football is to me? Phil has some major football traditions. One tradition is to eat buffalo burgers because that is the opposing teams mascot. This year he changed it up because it hasn't brought us good luck in the last two years. This year we are having buffalo tacos. I hope this makes a difference. The second tradition is that Phil has to wear his CSU Dalmatian dog tee shirt where it is peeing on the CU fire hydrant. Years ago, I cleaned out Phil's old tee-shirts and gave them to my mom to dispose of. It just happen to be that I accidentally gave this one to my mom. I didn't notice until Phil couldn't find it. He was pretty upset. You don't mess with his football traditions. I would say that a year or a year and a half later my mom found his shirt. He was delighted. These two traditions are our winning token.  Phil is more pleasant to be around when CSU wins.  To prepare for the game, I am wearing my Jamberry CSU nail wraps. GO CSU!


No comments:

Post a Comment