Friday, August 29, 2014

Palisade Peach Pie

I love Palisade peaches. They are so big and tasty. I got this amazing peach pie recipe from Tate's bakery in New York (I believe it is in New York). I am on their once a month recipe newsletter. They are famous for their cookies. Whole Foods carries their product. I have yet to try them, but it is on my list of foods to indulge in. Their cookies also come in gluten free. I didn't make my own pie crust. I still need to attempt that task. I bought my pie crust from Trader Joe's. Boy, I sure love that place. Another task I want to attempt this fall is making my own pumpkin roll. The pie turned out great and it is yummy! Just ignore my horrible looking baking sheet.


TATE'S BAKE SHOP
Recipe of the Month
http://media.tatesbakeshop.com/6339/Shared/WYSIWYG/divider3.gif
August 2014
Peaches are filling the farmer's markets on both the South and North Forks of Long Island, screaming summer is here! This pie is at its best while peaches are in season, so don't hesitate to try it now - next month will be apple season!
Cheers,
Kathleen
http://media.tatesbakeshop.com/6339/Shared/WYSIWYG/divider3.gif
Peach Crumb Pie
Pie Pastry
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup salted butter, chilled
3 tablespoons cold water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 egg white, lightly beaten
Directions
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour and salt.

Cut in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives, or with your hands. When mixture is the size of peas, add water and lemon juice Toss gently with a fork.

Divide pastry into two equal halves. For this recipe, roll out one half on a lightly floured surface, in a circle 3 inches larger than the pie pan you plan on using. Fit round into pie pan and flute edges by turning excess underneath around the edge of the rim.

Brush the bottom of the unbaked pie pastry with the egg white and set aside. Wrap the remaining dough and freeze for later use.
Peach Filling
1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 cups peeled and sliced peaches
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Crumb Topping
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped almonds
6 tablespoons salted butter, chilled
Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. 
To Prepare Peach Filling
In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour.
Add prepared peaches and toss. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie shell. Sprinkle lemon juice over peach mixture.
To Prepare Crumb Topping
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together flour, sugar, almonds, and butter. Mix all ingredients until crumbly.
Sprinkle crumb evenly on top of peaches.
Place pie on baking sheet to catch drips and bake for 1 hour or until the crumb topping is golden. Remove pan to wire rack to cool.
Yield: One 9-inch pie

 

 
 

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment